11/26/13

Q&A: Pattern Mixing for Beginners

One of the questions I get often is: 

How do I mix patterns without looking like I've escaped from the loony bin, hitting up a thrift store during my first five minutes of freedom, and selecting my outfit with my eyes closed?

*For beginners, I would suggest starting with a neutral base, something like a little black dress or white T & dark denim.


*Then, add a pattern scarf.


*Choose a shoe with a pattern in the same color scheme or complimentary color.  Try finding a 'color in common' in both pieces, in this case it's black. (An animal print paired with a geometric print is a foolproof combination I think!)


*Add something you LOVE.  It can be an accessory, your go to leather jacket, your fave red lip...  Whatever it is, adding your favorite piece will help you feel comfortable & confident.


*Viola!  You are mixing it up like a pro!


To submit a question:

Maggie.Weber@Nordstrom.Com

DREAMS ARE TODAY'S ANSWERS TO TOMORROW'S QUESTIONS- EDGAR CAYCE

Have a wonderful week!
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment